Who are we?
Our company was founded in 2015. Welltory is an app for stress and energy management. It lets people measure their stress & energy levels every day and provides users with the option of adding personal data from 200+ other sources (gadgets and apps) in order to customize their habits and lifestyle. Welltory helps increase performance and productivity by monitoring stress and energy, finding optimal work and sleeping schedules, etc. This tool is especially useful for executives, entrepreneurs, workaholics and people who love technology, gadgets and are interested in Quantified Self.
Welltory is an mHealth (mobile Health) service working in the field of preventive medicine. We are constantly looking for new research and findings, which allows us to improve our product and make it more effective and helpful. Welltory is inspired by the Heart Rate Variability method, which was initially used in space science to assess astronaut health and later widely applied in medicine and professional sports.
Our mission is to give people the opportunity to find out more about their health by making HRV measurements accessible to everybody. You can do everything with just a smartphone camera.
Some facts about us:
- The idea of Welltory started with our research on how Heart Rate Variability can be used for stress diagnosis.
- We launched the first version of the iOS app in March 2016. Simultaneously we started custom development and in-house research about correlations between lifestyle and HRV measurements.
- Welltory received first tranches of investments in the summer of 2016.
- Our app was published in the AppStore in September 2016. Then we launched paid plans inside the app, which help users quantify and analyze their lifestyles.
- We started to provide a Welltory branded gadget – a small heart rate monitor – for HRV measurements.
- In the fall of 2016 we opened the Academy of Personal Health Analysts, which in fact could be considered a new profession on the market.
- January 2017 – Online course about health, productivity and lifestyle management
- February 2017 – Android app launched
- April 2017 – Detailed breakdown of HRV measurements results in our app. First integration of educational part inside Welltory service
We are proud of our results: 30% monthly growth in users and paid users, more than 300K heart measurements in our database – currently the biggest HRV-database in the world.
Our team consists of people with diverse interests who share a desire to take care of their health and wellbeing – programmers, mathematicians, doctors, wellness coaches and scientists. Together we are building a service that collects digital information about people in order to identify correlations and trends. We are active members of Quantified Self movement.
We also proud to say that our advisor at science field, meaning HRV algorithms is Roman Baevsky, who is in fact developed HRV diagnosis method for monitoring of Russian astronauts, and worked last years at NASA and Mars500 project.
Our investors are venture funds and owners of big tech companies in Eastern Europe, such as Gaijin Entertainment, the largest independent game developer in the CIS, Elcomsoft, a major IT security company, Bitrix24, one of the most popular CMS in Europe, 2GIS, an international cartographic company that makes digital maps, Atlas Biomedical Holding, etc.
Big European companies are interested now in our product in order of possible integration or B2B usage.
“At Watson Health Europe, we are familiar with the entire European startup landscape. These days, there is no shortage of companies that collect a lot of data about people. The one thing we don’t have are companies that are able to transform this data into practical health recommendations. Welltory is in the top 3 European companies that have figured out how to make and constantly improve recommendations about health and fitness.” – Pavel Schlidov, IBM Watson.
“Welltory brings science and order to the chaos that characterizes our knowledge of the human body. Digitizing lifestyles and assessing how our habits influence us will take healthcare to a new level, lower the likelihood of getting sick and reduce the amount of work doctors have to do. I like that Welltory uses a progressive approach and can figure out which habits are most harmful to your health.No guesswork, just data!” – Grigory Bakunov, Senior Vice President of Yandex
Press materials can be downloaded
You can check our AngelList profile for investment information
We are located in California at:
541 Jefferson Avenue, Suite 100, Redwood City, CA 94063